3 tsp yeast
½ cup of warm water
3 cups of flour
¾ cup warm water
3 tsp saltOptional: chocolate chips
- In a large bowl put: 2 tsp sugar, 3 tsp yeast, ½ cup of warm water.
- Mix a little bit and leave for 10 minutes.
- Now add to this mixture: 3 cups of flour, ¾ cup warm water, 2 tsp salt.
- Mix the mixture with a knife until it forms a ball of dough.
- Tip the dough onto a floured board and knead for 10 minutes. (Think “push the dough, fold the dough, turn the dough around”). OPTIONAL: at this point you can add chocolate chips as flavouring!
- Place in an oiled bowl and leave to double in size (for about 30 minutes).
- Knead for about two minutes on the floured board.
- Oil and flour a loaf tin.
- Place the dough into the tin and leave in a warm place to double in size.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes.