Wednesday, 1 February 2012

Chocolate Brownies!

Tell me honestly, who can resist a brownie? Especially a dark chocolate, not too sweet, but perfect-with-icing-sugar one! Not me, that's for sure! So here's my favourite brownie recipe, complete with pictures!! :)
This recipe can also easily be made dairy free by using dairy free margarine!

Ingredients:
4 oz. self-raising flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 oz. cocoa
4 oz. butter (or margarine)
2 eggs
Dash of vanilla essense
Chocolate chips (optional)

Method:

1. Put oven on to 180 degrees Celsius to heat. (This is also the point at which I highly recommend putting on an apron, and removing all jewelry, so that you don't do what I did the first time I made these, and hook the bowl with a bracelet, and get mixture all down your best blouse!)
   2. Weigh the butter and the sugar, the cream together. 

3. Beat in the eggs until smooth 
4. Weigh out flour, cocoa and salt 
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet
Add the vanilla essence and chocolate chips
(optional)


6. Mix all together 
7. Grease oven tray! Pour the mixture in. I didn't have a square oven tray on hand to use, so my brownies are masquerading as chocolate cupcakes! 
8. Put in oven for 35 minutes
give or take! 
9. Remove from tray. If you baked it in a square
tray, leave to cool, before cutting into brownie
shapes. 

  









10. Serve with icing sugar sprinkled on top - enjoy!! :) 



2 comments:

Hyacinth said...

Mmm, yum! :) Brownies are my favourite! I'm definitely going to have to try making these sometime! :)
Love from your friend,
Hyacinth :D

Daisy said...

Cool! :D I hope they turn out well! I might have to "test" one for you, to check if its up to standard haha. ;)
Lotsa love from Daisy xxx