Well, here's your first post from me, Daisy! It has been so hot today, and even a dip in our pool couldn't totally cool me off, so I resorted to an old friend of mine - Magic Cordial! A special favourite of my dear friend, Violet, Magic Cordial is my family's favourite cold drink, the most refreshing thing you have ever tasted! It is easy to make, and totally failsafe - contains no preservatives, additives or colouring. And best of all, it is different every time you make it!
1 cup of water
1 cup of white sugar
1 tsp of citric acid
1. Combine water and sugar in a microwaveable jug.
2. Put the jug in the microwave for 2 minutes.
3. After two minutes, remove jug, at citric acid, and stir until the sugar and citric acid have dissolved into the water.
4. Serve with soda water, to taste, although I personally use a 1 part magic cordial base to 4 parts soda water ratio.
5. Serve with ice cubes (optional). Enjoy!
The original recipe comes from Sue Dengate's "The Failsafe Cookbook", which was a great help to my family, back when I had lots of food allergies! I highly recommend this book to anyone with allergies, or who just wants to avoid chemicals in general!