Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Time Lapse - Our Beautiful World


Came across this one my iGoogle home page today. I think it is absolutely beautiful. Even the urban scenes - which I don't normally like. But as I watched, I came to realize that wherever you are in this world, there is beauty, even if it is hard to spot at first. The sunlight above the cars on the motorways, the lights of the cities, the shining eyes of the children, the vibrant colours - it is everywhere really.
 I'm sure that the people who live with the Eiffel Tower as the view out their living room window are not blown away by it, day by day, just as I do not still view our "best-in-the-world, award winning rose gardens", in my little home town, as the incredible wonder I should. We forget that there is beauty right under our very noses. Whilst some places are certainly more stand-out than others, there is most definitely beauty everywhere - the little girl dancing in the sunshine, those children jumping in puddles, the flowering weeds growing out of cracks in the pavement, the mountains on the horizon, the river, and all those beautiful people, with their own unique, special stories to tell.
 I guess what I'm trying to say is that we (and I most certainly include myself in this!) need to learn to notice the wonders which are all around us, to stop and smell the roses, to sit back and watch the sunrise, to enjoy the world we live in, to appreciate each incredible part of creation, and to give praise to the Creator for it!
It's funny how much easier it is to appreciate beauty away from your home - I can easily see beauty in India, or Africa and in ancient ruins, but people from there might just see the slums and overcrowded cities. New Zealand is world famous for its raw, natural beauty, but I don't always remember to see it that way. But from now on, I shall endeavor to!

4 comments:

Ella said...

WOW!!!!!!!
I didn't realize how pretty cities can be.
Thanks for posting that cool video:)

Daisy said...

I'm glad you liked it! :)
Daisy

Hyacinth said...

Hey Daisy! :) Thanks heaps for putting this post up! God's creation is so beautiful and amazing, and that video showed it even more! :)
Love from your friend,
Hyacinth xoxo

Daisy said...

Hiya Hyacinth! :D I'm glad you liked it! How could anyone look at our beautiful world and still doubt that God is real???
Love from
Daisy ♥♥♥