Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Cinnamon Pinwheel Scones

Well, this is one of my absolute favourite recipes, and it is such an easy one!! :) I made these to share Violet the other day and she asked me to put the recipe up - what more excuse did I need to make them again?? Haha. They are actually fairly similar to another recipe I saw on a different blog, but my family has been making them for years, which is funny :D I highly recommend them - they take about 5 minutes to prepare, and only 10 minutes to bake - a very quick and delicious snack! They are very healthy, and can be make gluten free by using 1 cup of rice flour, 1/2 cup of potato starch and 1/2 tapioca flour instead of normal flour, and dairy free by using rice or soy milk and dairy free margarine! Enjoy!!
♥ Daisy ♥
Ingredients:
2 cups flour                1/2 cup AND 1 tsp margarine
1/2 tsp salt                  1 Tbsp brown sugar
5 tsp baking powder     1/2 - 1 cup milk
1 tsp creme of tartar    Cinammon for filling

Method:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celcuis.
2. In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and creme of tartar.
3. Add the margarine to the flour. 

4. Add the sugar to the mix, and
combine with fingertips. 
5. Pour in milk - between 1/2 and 1 cup
6. Mix together with a spoon, to form a
scone dough. 






7. Lay dough onto a floured board
and push out into an oblong. I would
recommend using a spoon, as this can
make your hands veeery sticky haha :D 





8. Spread the dough with a little more
margarine, and sprinkle on some
more brown sugar. 








9. Sprinkle cinnamon powder on top.
10. Roll the rectangle up longways
and slice into scone sized rolls. 
11. Put in the oven for 10 minutes, or
until lightly brown. Serve warm! 

2 comments:

Violet said...

Yum! Thank you so much for this recipe, Daisy, I look forward to making it!!!
Violet

Daisy said...

That's quite alright! :D I hope you enjoy making them!!
♥ Daisy