Friday, 30 March 2012

Violet: Hymns I Love #1–Who Am I?

I just got sent the link to this beautiful hymn which I'd never heard before, but I loved the lyrics so much I thought it was well worth sharing! 

I know old hymns are not what everybody likes, but I simply love the old hymns, and I personally think that, whether you be going through difficult or good times, it is the best kind of music in the world to be listening to! So that’s why I intend to do occasional posts showcasing my favourite hymns, in the hope that the Lord may use some of the words and beautiful melodies to draw us all closer to Him.

Stand firm in the knowledge that if you are His, the Lord will be with you always; during the good times and the bad, and that, unbelievable as it is, He really did send His Son to die for those of us who trust in Him alone for salvation. Truly, this hymn should inspire us to praise Him all the more, that He should die for sinners such as us!

My prayer is that these lyrics will move you, just as they moved me.

Your sister in Christ,
 Violet


Who Am I? (Hymn Lyrics)
When I think of how He left His home in Glory
Came and dwelt among the lowly such as I
To suffer shame and such disgrace
On Mount Calvary take my place
Then I ask myself a question, Who am I?

Who am I that a King would bleed and die for?
Who am I that He would pray "not my will Thine" for?
The answer I may never know, why He ever loved me so
That to an old rugged cross He'd go, for who am I?
 
For who am I?

No comments: