Saturday, 7 April 2012

True Beauty

Violet and I are off to a Christian camp next week (we are so excited, by the way!!) and I was planning to get a post about beauty written before then. But today, I felt moved to write about a different sort of beauty. 
"Greater love has no man than this, that a man would lay down His life for His friends." ~John 15:13~ THAT kind of beauty.  

Created beautiful we were, in His own image - in the image of the Creator God. That is so special, to have been created in His image!!! 
But we ruined it all. Sin came along and stole the essence of our beauty - both internally and externally. We went as far away from God as it was possible to get, and no matter how hard we tried, we could not get back. 
But God loved us so much that, insignificant and undeserving as we are, He sent His only Son, His beloved Son, His perfect and holy Son, to die for us, to wash clean those who truly repent. Jesus died for us, so that we wouldn't have to be without Him. We are so unworthy and undeserving, yet He died an innocent death to save us. That is really beauty. 
And it wasn't just an innocent death - it was death by crucifiction - one of the cruelest and most horrible, torture filled deaths invented by the Romans. Jesus, the Son of God, the Prince of Peace, was beaten, tortured, ridiculed, hurt, and killed for us. He loves us so much that He chose to save us. He put up with all of that, for us. He forgave those who did it to him. He forgave all of us whose sins He bore. That is true beauty. 

"We can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord. And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more like Him." ~2 Corinthians 3:18~
What beauty can we, as Christians, show, if only we seek to be of the Lord!! Even a mere reflection of God's glory must be something beautiful to behold!!!!! Don't let sin "fog up" your mirror. Stay close to the Lord in prayer and worship, and focus on the beauty of the heart for that is true beauty. 
Sorry, just had to put this one - isn't it cute?! 

Have you ever noticed that the most beautiful people are Christians? They have a light in their eyes shared by no one else. That is true beauty. 
Don't be caught up in the world's cheap, counterfeit version. Store up your treasures in heaven, for that kind of treasure will last forever! ♥

As Easter Sunday dawns tomorrow, meditate on God's word and truly think about what Christ has does for us.
~His love is the only true beauty. Be a mirror. ~

God bless,
Daisy xox

2 comments:

Violet said...

Thank you for this timely reminder, Daisy. How often I forget these truths and the enormity of the price Christ paid for us! It reminds me of the hymn 'When I Survey the Wondrous Cross' - "When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride.
Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
Save in the death of Christ my God!. . . Then I am dead to all the globe,
And all the globe is dead to me.. . Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all."

God bless you too, dear friend, and I really look forward to spending time with you at the camp!

God bless and hope you have a good Easter!

Your very excited friend,
Violet

Violet said...

Oh - and by the way - I LOVE the photo! So cute! :)