Thursday, 10 May 2012

Charlie Chaplin! :)

Yes, I (Violet) have not been posting for quite some time! Smile with tongue out My sincere apologies for that but I’m glad Daisy has still been keeping you updated!!!

I just thought I’d write a quick note to you all. I’m doing a history project on Croatian/Dalmatian settlers to New Zealand during the 19th century (1850-1900) and I just wondered if anyone who sees this blog knows anything about this topic or has anything they’d like to share with me – particularly if you’re good with sources and know ideas of any places I could try to find primary source information. If not, that’s okay, but if so, feel free to write a comment below this post sometime before the 21st of May, 2012.

On another note, here is a very funny video clip I stumbled across on YouTube a while back and felt I must bring to your attention. I had never really watched Charlie Chaplin videos before, but after seeing this I must confess I have developed rather an addiction to them! I find the ingenious money-making scheme Charlie Chaplin and ‘the Kid’ come up with hilarious (though I do not encourage you to try it yourself)! And ‘the Kid’ is so cute and such a good little actor; you can see how he would have got away with it!

No comments: