Monday, 28 May 2012

Daisy, Daisy!

No, I’m not referring to my fellow blogger this time, nor am I referring to the flower! This time, I am referring to my great-grandmother. Just today, I discovered that her middle name was, in fact, Daisy! This fact was so exciting and so well-suited to the nature of our blog that I just couldn’t resist to post it!

My great-grandmother lived to a ripe old age, but passed away about a year ago. In tribute to her, I post this song, which was sung at one of her birthdays because of her middle name being Daisy. I thought it was quite sweet when I heard it and I could see how my great-grandmother would have liked it. One of my lasting memories of her is both of us as well as my grandmother singing old traditional songs together one afternoon. I only regret that I did not spend more time with her or did not attempt to learn more about her and the amazing life she had led. God bless you, dear great-grandmother (Daisy)!


2 comments:

Daisy said...

Wow, that is so cool!! :D And I love that song - I sing it with MY grandmother!!!!! :) Thanks for sharing that, Violet!
With love,
Daisy ♥

Violet said...

Glad you liked it - I loved it too! And check this out, I think you'd like it!!! :) http://www.worldofquotes.com/topic/Daisies/1/index.html
God bless!
Your friend,
Violet