Friday, 25 May 2012

Queen Victoria’s Journals



I just thought I’d let all of you who love history as much as I do here some fantastic news! Queen Victoria’s journals have recently been released online, on the anniversary of her birthday, and so now you can view them from wherever you are in the world! Simply follow this link:
http://www.queenvictoriasjournals.org

Being the avid fan of history that I am, when I discovered this news, I was nearly jumping up and down with joy! I love Victorian history (it being my favourite era to read about) and I’d always wanted to read Queen Victoria’s journals, so now I can!

There are also some other really neat resources now online relating to this famous British monarch, such as:

http://www.queen-victorias-scrapbook.org/ – an online “scrapbook” outlining Queen Victoria’s life and with many primary sources from the British Royal archives such as video footage, photographs, paintings and documents. I highly recommend that you visit this website if you are really interested in the history of the British monarchy, or Queen Victoria herself, as this is fantastic as it is nicely summarised but does give you access to so many great sources.
There is now a Twitter account (http://twitter.com/#!/QueenVictoriaRI) that will be posting up excerpts of Queen Victoria’s journals and other interesting links or facts from the 24th of May, 2012 to the 7th of June, 2012.

I hope you find these sources interesting or useful!
God bless!
Violet

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Ahhhh - that is so cool xD Will definitely have to check those links out! Thanks so much for sharing them with us, Violet! ♥