Thursday, 7 June 2012

Meditations of His Love: Consider it All Joy


I saw this post on the blog Meditations of His Love and it was so good that I just had to share the link to it with you all! My prayer is that the Lord would use it to strengthen you and build you up if you are going through hard times, just as He used it to minister to my soul this week. 

I must confess that the part that says "Consider it all joy!/When your heart starts to break/And the tears come unbidden and strong." describes pretty accurately how I've been recently! It's when we are facing trials that the true nature of our walk with Christ is revealed, and often it is pretty ugly! I for one have discovered that I am still learning to trust in God and that His hand is working in each and every circumstance, and so therefore, I ought to continue to be joyful even when things don't go my way. But like a spoiled child, I often turn in anger at God, blaming Him for what is often the natural consequences of my own sin or the sins of others. So like Sarah H. has, I challenge you all to apply James 1:2-4 to your lives today. I know that this will be a real challenge for me!

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

So I want to say thank you so much to Sarah H. for posting the blog article. Thank you, Sarah, it really helped in my walk with Christ this week! May the Lord bless you richly as you serve Him!

So, here is the link to this post, and I highly recommend you read it!


Your sister in Christ,
Violet

(As an aside, another great blog that has helped me tremendously on my Christian walk recently and that I highly recommend you check out is My Morning Ti)

2 comments:

Daisy said...

That is such a great post, thanks for sharing that with us, Violet!! :) I am so encouraged by that!!! ♥
Hope you are well!!
God bless,
Daisy

Rebekah's Quill said...

Hello Violet!

I am so glad that my poem encouraged you! Praise the LORD!

You have a very sweet blog! It looks like we share a love of hymns and music! :)

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

To the KING be all the glory!
Rebekah