Wednesday, 25 July 2012

It's Amazing What the Lord Can Do! :)

It's amazing what the Lord can do! :)

Today, I attended a prayer meeting which the Lord used in wonderful ways to work on my heart, which I felt I must share! It's so funny how He uses a series of little seeming "incidences" to teach us valuable lessons: it is surely no "coincidence" as some might claim! I felt that very much today, where I was learning about various financial matters that are relevant for future plans I am thinking about. I was getting quite anxious about it all, quickly forgetting the verse I find myself returning to frequently: 

"...do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let you requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6,7) 

Honestly, I am very quick to forget this! But the Lord turned my anxiety compeletely around when tonight, at prayer meting, we were talking about monetary matters and how it is better to focus on the riches of eternal life God has given us in Christ than earthly riches. So often I get caught up in the riches this earth has to offer - whether it be a successful career, a lifestyle of luxary or even just a trial free life. 

Help me, oh Lord, to treasure you above everything and everyone else, and to desire to follow you even if it means being poor by this world's standards. Let my life be centred around you and what you would wish, and not purely my own self-centredness. In your name, amen.

 Also, here is a little cartoon I saw that I think is very true! 


I can't remember it's original source, but every time I look at it, it reminds me once again that truly, God holds us in the palm of his hand, even when we think He's not there! Please pray for me, that I would keep trusting in His provision and I pray that you, the reader of this blog, may also see His hand working in your life.

Your sister in Christ,
Violet

No comments: