Monday, 30 July 2012

Rainy Day Thoughts …

I can’t remember where I first saw this, but I thought the analogy was so true. And as it was raining as I sat down to type this, it just seemed to fit that I should post it.

AnUmbrellaquoteIMG_7356

It’s what I am gradually learning: that God always is there for us even if we feel alone or abandoned. He is so faithful! Often though, we are reluctant to trust in the “umbrella” of faith He gives us – something I am also learning!

This is why I love Charles Dickens’ writing! :)

268808671478810604_LVQBTfp5_c

I know we can never be perfect, but I love how in his books he often encourages values like this that inspires me to walk more closely with God. If you have never read one of his books, I suggest you begin now! (A good one to start with is The Old Curiosity Shop).

Doesn’t this remind you of Psalm 23?

Godleadsme_Hoff

I experienced this myself today, where I was not paying proper attention and as a result was nearly run over by a car backing out of a driveway. It really made me realise that had I not noticed in time or the driver not slowed to a halt, I may have met my maker a lot sooner than I would have otherwise anticipated! When one considers that the only reason we are able to breathe is because He is sustaining the universe, one can only begin to contemplate how “He shields [us], though [we] may not always see.” How amazing is that?

Just to finish off, I thought I should post another John Rutter song. Sorry that this has been such a random post (undoubtedly with bad grammar too); sometimes it’s nice to not have anything too specific to say and just to a contemplate a little on God and what He has done. :) And a warning in advance: you may not hear so much from me over the next few weeks, as I am expecting to find myself quite busy! 

Anyway, here is the promised John Rutter song (or rather, hymn)! It’s called The Lord Bless You and Keep You, and is a benediction. 


As an aside, what do you, our readers, think? Should this blog have a change of background? Feel free to leave a comment with any suggestions below!

1 comment:

Daisy said...

SO MANY BEAUTIFUL POSTS!!! Thank you so much for all of your amazing posts recently Violet, they have really inspired me :D