Monday, 23 July 2012

The Small Things of Beauty...

This morning I woke up feeling grumpy. And even though I didn't want to feel grumpy, I did. And try as I might, I just couldn't seem to make that grumpy feeling go away. I mean, there was absolutely nothing wrong, I was just plain grumpy.

But my mum, as always, knew the cure. She told me to get my coat and shoes on, and to come with her. A moment later, we were down the road at a park, and mum was telling me to keep quiet and listen.
So I did. And as I did, I heard the most beautiful sound. The dawn chorus. It has been icy cold and rainy here in my hometown for the last couple of weeks, and this morning, although it was still icy, it was beautifully sunny, and the birds seemed thrilled to have a few sunlight hours, for they were all singing, at the tops of their tiny little voices.

It is funny how something as little as that can change your mood, but it certainly changed mine. It really reminded me to appreciate the little things in life, the small things which make the world a beautiful place, if you just take the time to stop and notice them. God's creation is truly amazing!! Even the tiniest little things. I know it can feel like a waste of time to just sit still and appreciate, but I highly recommend it - it just makes you feel so good. I myself will definitely be taking more time to stop and notice the little things now!!

2 comments:

Cityboy said...

Definitely trying that tomorrow morning :P

Kiri Liz said...

Love that pic of the birds!! Haha!! :)