Tuesday, 21 August 2012

If Today Was Your Last Day...

The other day, I really got thinking about life, and how nothing at all is guaranteed to us, except that things will change. And we can have no idea how long we've got. God alone knows how long He has planned for us to be on this earth. And as I was thinking that I realised, God could have planned for my life to end tomorrow, or next week, or in a month's time, or in a year, or 5 years, or much much longer. I won't know. But yeah, as I said, it could be tomorrow. It could be any day.

So.... I then I was thinking, well, if I don't know how long I've got, I want to be able to spend every moment I have doing something worthwhile. I want to try and spent every moment of my life serving and glorifying God!!

Every moment, every day of our lives matters. We can make them count. We can spend every moment of our lives serving God, doing things that matter.We can spend each moment of our lives living as if we were dying.

If I was dying, I would want to spend as much time as I possibly could with my family and friends, I would want to finish up making my life's dreams come true, and live to glorify God. I would want to share the Gospel with as many people as I could and finish all my unfinished projects, I would want to learn as much as I possibly could about the world, and try to be the very best person I could. After I thought about all of that, I decided that I am going to try and spend  every day that God blesses me with living as if I am dying. I'm going to try and make the most of every single day I have.

What would you do if today was your last day to be on this earth? Isn't it amazing how that simple statement makes what is really important come to light!

God bless you all,
Daisy

No comments: