Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Change

Change... one of the things we can be assured of in life - things will always, always change. 

 
At the moment, I feel like I'm stuck in a time warp. Everything in my life is changing right at the moment. I guess its just a part of growing up, getting to a stage when you realise that you are now on the fast track to adulthood, and there is no turning back. And that fact is both very exciting, and very daunting. Yes, I'm looking forward to having finished my schooling, and going on to different things, but I also am scared to leave the here and now. 

My friends are finishing school and starting university, they're getting engaged, and just generally growing up - and my brain hasn't quite caught up. Most of the changes in my life right now are really good changes, but they are somewhat terrifying all the same. And the main problem for me is, I can't see yet where those changes are taking me. 
That is a very good explanation of how I feel a lot of the time
Being the kind of person I am, I like to be in control and know what is going on all the time. But right now, I have only a very hazy picture. I'm sure its not just me feeling this, and I'm sure everyone goes through it at one time or another. Sometimes I wish I could see the other side of the tunnel, know where I am going to come out, but I am learning that (sorry, cliche!!) the destination truly isn't as important as the journey. 
The way you travel the paths of life, how you act in every day situations, and how you love the people around you, that is important. 
 
The way you love God, that is important. If you put your trust in Him, He will lead you to where you are meant to go. 
 
Change is inevitable. Nothing you can do will stop change. But God uses changes in our lives, both good and bad, to make us stronger in Him, more in His image. So look to Him for answers, the more you look, the more He will show you. 
Your life can be an adventure if you let it be. I'm learning that the more you let go of what you cannot change, and what you aren't sure about, and the more you trust in God, the more happy and secure you will feel. You CAN trust God. The second thing we can be certain of in life is that He will never let us down. 

3 comments:

Lily said...

Hi Daisy!
Thanks for this post! :) (and the Bible verses too) :) Change isn't always easy, but 'He will never leave you or forsake you' and He is in control of everything that is happening and will happen :)
Love you heaps!
Your sister in Christ,
Lily xoxo ♥♥

Violet said...

Wow, Daisy, amazing how you can write down so clearly my thoughts at the moment! I confess I have been stressing a lot at all the sudden changes that seem to be happening, both in my friend's lives and also in my own. Thank you so much for this reminder today (and yours too, Lily!) that the Lord is with me wherever I go and that I need not fear the future!
From your sister in Christ,
Violet

Daisy said...

Lily: That's okay!! :) And thanks for your extra reminder ♥
Love you toooo :D
Violet: And you are more than welcome!! Funny how that happens sometimes, aye? You often end up posting stuff that is on my mind hehehe. Praying for you, my friend ♥