Saturday, 22 December 2012

Violet's Lead up to Christmas

I just thought I'd let you all know a bit about what I've been up to recently (besides the production!) as there have been lots of fun events happening here in the lead up to Christmas! :)
Probably my favourite Christmas verse!
The first thing to note is that shortly before the production I had my last exam and officially graduated from high school! My sister is also finishing this year and so our family sneakily did up the house and threw us a mini party to celebrate. They even made a cake! Thank you so much to mum and dad for all the support they've given me over the years, and also my younger sister for her idea of the little party - it was lots of fun! :D

Me (Violet) to the left with my sister

Cutting the cake!
It truly does feel like the end of the era - and I feel so blessed by the Lord that He has been with me every step of the way, and that He has provided me with so many lovely, Godly friends who have been such an encouragement and inspiration to me over the years. Thank you all! 

I also had a graduation dinner - which was a good excuse to dress up and say goodbyes! Very sad, but again I felt relieved more than anything else, as I now feel that the time has come to move on to the next stage in my life. 

On Monday, I went to a friend's birthday party and we also went and saw the Hobbit!!!! Very exciting! I have yet to finish posting our countless photos from the premiere, hopefully I'll get onto that soonish. Needless to say, the movie did not disappoint and while I still personally prefer the Lord of the Rings (as I expected, as I prefer that book over the Hobbit) it is certianly worth watching. I hope to do a review of it in the future (Dad's suggestion!) . . .

Oh dear, this post is turning into a list of what-I-need-to-post-at-some-stage-in-the-future! :p On Tuesday, Daisy and I did a really fun photo shoot in Medieval costumes for my graduation (so normal, I know!) so watch this space for those sometime! 

Wednesday was SO much fun!!! I attended my first ever progressive dinner! Our home was the place where we had mains so we spent the day decorating the house and making it all Christmassy - so much fun, particularly as we don't normally do such a big job of it as we're often away over Christmas time. And our house was where the mains were served, so it felt rather strange to have so many people there! It was a great chance to get to know people from church better and to just relax. I have now decided that progressive dinners are absolutely fantastic! We had a fun game at the end whereby you picked a number out of a hat and then in order of the numbers got to choose a present or steal one somebody else had opened - loads of fun and had us all laughing so much at the funny gifts people had chosen and ended up with!!!

My family - a photo taken at the progressive dinner. I am in the middle of my two sisters.
My brother, sister and mother enjoying the starters at the first house
Outside our house (house number 2!) for mains and a photo shoot!

Arriving at house number 3 for dessert and a Christmas pressie game!
On Thursday, we had a fun "girls only" evening at Hyacinth's and Lily's house watching the film October Baby. While it is certianly not one of my favourite films, and makes you cry more than laugh, it does carry a really powerful message and I recommend that you do watch it if you have the opportunity to. I would include a trailer, but I think one of us may be inclined to write a review of it at some stage. . .


As if I hadn't been doing enough fun things already, on Friday I went to the annual carols singing evening at Daisy's house! Her mother is a singing teacher and so each year they invite friends along to a supper and a carol singing time. It was so much fun and I can't wait until we can do it again! It was also an opportunity to catch up with some people from the production who had come.

So I hope that gives you a glimpse into my life at the moment - not including the production which has actually been the focus up until this week. I never imagined I could be so busy and yet on holiday! :D I'm quite enjoying it!

Oh, and on another note, I couldn't help but share with you all some music I have been utterly addicted to after the production. You'd think I'd be sick of hearing Christmas music, but no! :) I'm also addicted to the group Celtic Woman and thier music, having treated myself to a graduation present of their music (A New Journey). So enjoy these tunes!





God bless, and I hope you all have an enjoyable Christmas break! :D


No comments: