Saturday, 1 December 2012

'Wives and Daughters' December read-along

Yet Another Period Drama Blog

I'm going to post on something REALLY exciting soon....but it'll have to wait until after my last exam (on Tuesday) so I'll have to keep you all in suspense a little longer! :D Needless to say, I think I will soon have some rather jealous readers (Daisy included)...! 

Anyway, to get to the point of this post, I've decided to do something a bit different for a change and join Miss Dashwood from Yet Another Period Drama Blog in her 'Wives and Daughters' read-along through the month of December. I was actually intending to use this month to finish Dombey and Son by Charles Dickens which has been taking me absolutely forever to read, but now I think I'll take a break from that and enjoy the writings of Mrs Gaskell once again! I must confess that this challenge is rather timely for me as for my birthday last year I asked for a copy of the book, which I got but I've never got around to finishing it and it's been on my 'to-do' list all year. 

Are any of you interested in doing this? If you are, head over to Miss Dashwood's blog! I must say that I, for one, am quite excited about participating in my first ever challenge! And this certianly will be a challenge as I'm going to be rather busy over the summer holidays (it's summer here in NZ) preparing for university (Lord willing)!

Anyhow, be prepared for some book reviews over the course of this month as it is the time that I also use for reading some rather Christmassy books each year. 

God bless and have a lovely December!

From,



No comments: