Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Spectacular Sunsets

Around Christmas we experienced some spectacular sunsets and sunrises which I couldn't resist taking lots of photos of. I hope you like them and I thought I'd include some neat quotes which I've seen recently as well. Isn't God's creation amazing?

"Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tyre?" ~ Corrie Ten Boom

"Christianity doesn't change a person. Christ does." ~ anonymous
 
"The greatest joy of a Christian is to give joy to Christ." ~ Charles Spurgeon

"When we have nothing left but God, we discover that God is enough." ~ anonymous

"Nothing teaches us so much the preciousness of the Creator, as when we learn the emptiness of all besides." ~ Charles Spurgeon

 "The fact that I am a woman does not make me a different kind of Christian. But the fact that I am a Christian does make me a different kind of woman." ~ Elisabeth Elliot

 "When you can't forgive someone, pray for them. It may or may not change them, but it will always change you." ~ Andrew Pino

 "Whenever you surrender the most precious areas of your life to God, it's like trading in a pile of worthless pebbles for a truckload of precious jewels." ~ Leslie Ludy

 "Instead of using 'I'm Human' as an excuse to walk in the flesh, try using 'I'm Saved' as a reason to walk in the Spirit." ~ anonymous

 "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." ~ C.S. Lewis

 "Does it make sense to pray for guidance about the future if we are not obeying in the thing that lies before us today? How many momentous events in Scripture depended on one person's seemingly small act of obedience!" ~ Elisabeth Elliot

Just thought I'd include these two lovely pictures of my hometown. <3
I love the wind turbines in the distance. :)
"When you are going through something hard and wonder where God is remember the teacher is always quiet during a test. Trust in the Lord." ~ anonymous

"God changes caterpillers into butterflies, sand into pearls, and coal into diamonds using time and pressure. He's working on you too." ~ Rick Warren

"While you wake up today, someone is taking their last breath. Thank God for another day. Don't waste it." ~ anonymous

"Leave it all in the Hands that were wounded for you." ~ Elizabeth Elliot

"Grant that I may not pray with my mouth alone; help me that I may pray from the depths of my heart." ~ Martin Luther

"If you only pray when you're in trouble ... you're in trouble." ~ anonymous

"I have a great need for Christ; I have a great Christ for my need." ~ Charles Spurgeon

"Without God, our week would be: Sinday, Mournday, Tearsday, Wasteday, Thirstday, Fightday, Shatterday. Seven days without God ... makes one weak!" ~ anonymous

What can one do but worship God when one sees His amazing creation displayed in such a spectacular way? Do you prefer sunsets or sunrises? I must say, the last few photos were taken when I woke up really early one morning and was met with an array of colours in the sky. I LOVE sunrises!  :D

From,


No comments: