Monday, 4 February 2013

Brilliant Blog Bouquet Award - Daisy's Response

Here at Violets and Daisies, we're trying to award our favourite blogs with a bouquet to thank them all for all their hard work and for being a constant source of inspiration to us all!!! :) So here are my answers to our award questions, and the 5 people I am choosing to award today :D Obviously, this award came from our blog (Violets and Daisies).


Blog Award Rules:

Put a link to who gave you the award
Post the award to your blog
Answer the questions
Choose 5 blogs to receive the award
Let them know you've awarded them

Blog Award Questions: 
1. If you could have a "flower pen name" like we have here on our blog, Violets and Daisies what would it be?
2. What is your favourite ever Bible verse and why?
3. What are the blogs which inspire you most?
4. If you and your friends could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
5. If you have one, feel free to share your testimony as to how you became a Christian.

Daisy's Response: 
1. Flower name - well, obviously Daisy haha, but if I was to choose a different name, I'd probably say Daffodil - not because it would make the nicest name, but because I love those cheerful, sunny flowers :D
2. Oooh, favourite Bible verse? WHY did we have to ask that question, Violet?? I can never think of only one :P haha. But for me, right now, it would be a toss up between John 15:13 - "Greater love has no man than this, that a man should lay down His life for His friends.", Lamentations 3:22-24 - "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him." and 2 Corinthians 2:14 - "But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him."

3. God's Daughter , Maid For More and the posts by my dear friends, right here on Violets and Daisies 

4. Oh no!! This is another incredibly hard one :P Personally, I would want to go to Israel, the Middle East or South East Asia, but I guess if I was to go somewhere with my friends we would have to do a tour of Europe - Britain for Violet, Spain for Lily, and Russia for Hyacinth :D And I might have to make sure we stop in to Ireland - you can't go to Europe and NOT hear Celtic music :D

5. My Testimony: 
I'm afraid my testimony is not nearly as interesting or amazing as Violet's, but I guess that not all testimonies are. I hope that mine is still a blessing to those who read it though :)
Okay, well, basically, I grew up always going to church, and with a mother who had always taught me and my brother about God, and salvation. I have believed for as long as I can remember. I first remember committing my life to Christ when I was around 8, maybe younger. 

 But it has been a long journey. My dad is an staunch atheist, and he left us when I was 12 years old. I never let go of my faith, but that was a very hard time in my life. I knew God was still in control, but I came to doubt He really cared, or that He had a plan for my life. So I stopped caring as much about whether the things I did pleased the Lord. I made mistakes in some of the friends I made, and in whom I chose to spend time with. I listened to the talk around me that was not godly, and let it fill my head. People who know me would say that I am a happy person, but I can assure you, during that time, my joyful outward appearance was a cover up. But God was gracious to me, and He used my mum, and my incredible true friends (Violet, Hyacinth and Lily, among others) to help me see that He really does care, and He has plans for my life (and yours too) beyond what I could ever imagine. He helped me to move away from my doubts, my bad habits, and to follow Him with all my heart once more!

He has blessed me more than I can ever say. I look forward to seeing what His plans for my future are, and to serving Him the rest of my days :D
  
   Those I am choosing to award:

I wanted to award a lot more people, and maybe I will some other time, but for now, many thanks to those lovely bloggers for all their efforts, and their inspiring blogs :) May God bless you all as you serve Him!!

Much love, 




3 comments:

Violet said...

Wow, Daisy, it was so amazing to read your testimony - some of which I didn't even really know! And it is certianly just as interesting and amazing as mine, though the Lord has led us both to Himself through very different trials. :D Thanks for the way you have encouraged me in my Christian walk over the years and how you continue to do that on a daily basis! My prayers are always with you and your family my dear friend! :)
From your friend,
Violet

Ella said...

Thank you so much for awarding me, Daisy!
I'll try to post the award on my blog soon.
I hope you have a great day!

Daisy said...

Thanks so much, Violet! I didn't realise you didn't know all of that actually haha :P Well, I'm glad you learnt something - and you are so right! Thank YOU for all you encouragement, and wise advice over the years :) And you are in my prayers as well!

And Ella, you are more than welcome! :D