Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Dear Future Daisy....

I decided the other day to leave myself a time capsule. Well, actually, I just decided to leave a letter, but still :D Basically, the idea of a time capsule (or letter) is to leave yourself something to open in ten years time, or twenty, or whatever you like - you can do pretty much anything with it! 
So, I wrote 'future me" a letter telling about who I am now, and saying who I think I will be then, and what I think I'll be up to. Its a funny thing, thinking that far ahead. Ten years ago, I was just a little girl playing with dolls, but I am still very much the same person I was then today. I wonder if that will be the case in ten years time! I will be more than half way through my 20s by then - I could be married, and have children, or be serving the Lord overseas, or directing more plays - who know?! Well, of course, God does! And I really can't wait to find out!! 

That's one of the greatest things about being a Christian - we can have a total assurance that the Lord's plans for our lives WILL come to pass, and if we trust Him, and follow His guidance rather than trying to go our own way, we truly need not fear the future. So many of my favourite Bible verses have to do with God's plans for my future (and the futures of all believers!!). It is really an incredible thing to know that my future is in such awesomely safe Hands!an, I would hate to have ♥ Man, I would hate to have grown up not believing in God, it must be so scary. Sometimes I feel scared for my future anyway, but I'm so grateful to always have the Lord and His Word to turn to! 

Romans 8:28 - "And we know that all things work together for good, for them that love the Lord, for  those who are called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:38 - "For I am convinced that nothing can separate us from His love. Not death, nor life, the angels won't, and all the powers of hell itself cannot separate us from His love. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, or where we are - high above the sky, or in the deepest ocean - nothing will ever be able to separate us from the love of God, demonstrated by our Lord Jesus Christ when He died for us."
Philipians 4:6-7 - "Don't be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, making your requests known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Psalm 46:10 - "Be still and know that I am God."

And my personal favourite: 
Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

 God can see the future - we can't. God knows the full picture, we don't. If we rely on Him, and listen for His guidance, He will guide us. Future Daisy, if you ever read back over this, remember that God is always faithfulIt is so good to know that the Lord is taking care of my future for me!
Well, I can't wait for it to be ten years time, so I can open that letter, and have a jolly good laugh. What I think I will be doing then will probably be completely wrong :P But we shall see......
God bless you all! Love, 

3 comments:

Ella said...

I think that is such a good idea!
I wrote a letter to myself a few months ago. I can't wait to read it years from now!

Daisy said...

I know!! I couldn't wait to try it when I first heard of it! I only wish I had written myself a letter ten years ago, then I could open now haha :P
God bless xo

Daisy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.