Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Live Each Day

A few days ago, a meteor entered our atmosphere and exploded over the Ural Mountains in Russia. Over 500 people were injured - mainly by broken windows which shattered during the blast, and the eery sounds of car, and mobile phone alarms filled the air. People were, naturally, terrified. They thought it was the end of the world.

Warning: This WILL make you jump :P

A few days ago, a local girl of about 15 was killed in a horrific car accident. She is gone now. No one saw that coming. But her life is over.

Life is short. We have no idea how long we've got. I'm sure those people in Russia thought their lives were over then and there. And I'm sure that girl who was killed didn't ever imagine that that day would be her last.


We can have no idea how long we've got - things change in the blink of an eye, and once you are gone, it is too late. 

"It is far better to serve God, then to wish you had."  
The day we die could be today, tomorrow, in a week, a month, a year, 5 years, 10, 20, maybe more. We just don't know. And I don't want to waste one single day I get given. 

Psalm 90:12 - "Teach us to number our days that we might gain the heart of wisdom."

Life is very fleeting. And it is easy to waste. I don't want to make that mistake. I want to live every day of my life to the very max, serving the Lord with all I have, I want to use each day I have to serve Him, and to bless the people He puts all around me.
"She lived and loved without restraint". That is what I want people to say at my funeral. I want them to say that I lived my life, with every breath I breathed, for God. I want them to say that I was an inspiration to them all to live their lives for God, and to fulfill their God-given desires and purposes. I want them to say that I loved everyone with the love of Christ, that I give all I had to give. I want to be remembered as one who made changes for the better in the world - in my own little corner and everywhere else too. I want people to be able to say that I was always there for my family and friends, and that I could be relied upon, I want people to be able to say that I truly made a difference. And I hope and pray that the Lord will truly fulfil those things within me, and help me to inspire people for Him :)

So I challenge you all to join me in living each day as if it were your very last on this earth. I promise you that it will make you really look twice at the things you are doing, and help you to see what really matters. And it is not short-term personal gain, I can guarantee you that! :D Love the life you've been given, and serve God in all circumstances. Then one day, people will be able to say that you "lived and loved without restraint".

No comments: