Monday, 4 February 2013

Mistaken Identity Book Review

Mistaken Identity: Two Families, One Survivor, Unwavering HopeMistaken Identity: Two Families, One Survivor, Unwavering Hope by Don Van Ryn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Goodreads Plot Summary:
Meet Laura Van Ryn and Whitney Cerak: one buried under the wrong name, one in a coma and being cared for by the wrong family.This shocking case of mistaken identity stunned the country and made national news. Would it destroy a family? Shatter their faith? Push two families into bitterness, resentment, and guilt?

Read this unprecedented story of two traumatized families who describe their ordeal and explore the bond sustaining and uniting them as they deal with their bizarre reversal of life lost and life found. And join Whitney Cerak, the sole surviving student, as she comes to terms with her new identity, forever altered, yet on the brink of new beginnings.

"Mistaken Identity" weaves a complex tale of honesty, vulnerability, loss, hope, faith, and love in the face of one of the strangest twists of circumstances imaginable.

My Opinion:
While I did not find this book particularly well written, as is often the case when you have more than one author, nethertheless I was glued to it from the very beginning. What made you want to keep reading is the fact that what happened seemed like something that would only happen in fiction, yet this happened in real life! I particularly loved the faith these two families demonstrated while going through what must have been an incredibly difficult time. This is a book that will remain in my memory for a long time and I will definitely be recommending it to all my friends!


1 comment:

Daisy said...

I can't wait to read it :D :D