Thursday, 7 February 2013

The Pilgrim's Progress Book Review

The Pilgrim's ProgressThe Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Goodreads Plot Summary:
One of the most powerful dramas of Christian faith ever written, this captivating allegory of man's religious journey in search of salvation follows the pilgrim as he travels an obstacle-filled road to the Celestial City. An enormously influential 17th-century classic, universally known for its simplicity, vigor, and beauty of language.

My Opinion: 
Reading "The Pilgrim's Progress" has long been on my to-do list, and I am am really, really glad I finally got it done!! Thanks homeschool required reading haha :P It was definitely one of the most incredible picture's of the Christian journey, and it really inspired me on my walk of faith. It reminded me of the many ways we can get side-tracked on our walks, and end up in our own personal "Doubting Castles" or "Vanity Fairs". The characters, both the good and the bad, painted an incredible picture of the world as it is, and how hard we must sometimes struggle to live Godly lives. But that struggle is all worth it - as shown when Christian finally reaches the Celestial City! The Pilgrim's Progress is an amazing book, and I highly recommend it to everyone :D

With love,

No comments: