Monday, 25 March 2013

Lily's Award Post


Better late than never! Here’s my blog award.


 

Blog Award Questions:

1. If you could have a "flower pen name" like we have here on our blog, Violets and Daisies what would it be?

2. What is your favourite ever Bible verse and why?

3. What are the blogs which inspire you most?

4. If you and your friends could visit any country in the world, where would you go?

5. If you have one, feel free to share your testimony as to how you became a Christian.


Lily’s Response:

1.      Well, my favourite flower is probably Jasmine, or honeysuckle, so if given the choice again I’d probably choose that one! J But I do like the name Lily, and the flowers are pretty too J

2.      My favourite Bible verse….. that is a hard one!!! My favourite chapter is Psalm 139, but I have soooo many Bible verses that are a real comfort and challenge for me, I’ll list one or two of them for you. One verse that I find a real encouragement (and one that I like to share with others the most) is probably Psalm 37:4 “Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.” One reason I like this one is because it is a promise that God will give us our true desires, if we first delight ourselves in Him. When we love Him before anyone or anything else, with “all our heart, soul, mind and strength”, then He will give us not just our petty wants, or what we think we truly want, but the ‘desires of our hearts’. What a promise!! J I have a friend who was pining for a husband – not making the most of her single days but while she was maybe outwardly ‘preparing herself’ to be a wife, inwardly she was asking God why she didn’t have a boyfriend/suitor yet, as her true desire was to be a wife and mother. Only when she changed her focus, gave all of herself to God, and stopped waiting for her prince to save her and instead delighted herself only in the Lord, then she was at peace. And only months later, God brought along her ‘prince’, a godly young man to whom she is now happily married and they serve the Lord together, along with their tiny new daughter. I think this is a great example of how ‘delighting yourself in the Lord’ gives God the glory, and through it He will grant you your desires, the desires that truly count.

3.      To be honest, I don’t read a lot of blogs, although I would like to do that more often than I do. I love blogs by other Christian girls – finding out what we have in common, and being an encouragement to each other! It’s really nice to know there are other Christian girls out there with the same aims in life and love for the Lord!

4.      Well, Violet and Daisy have both already mentioned my favourite country – Spain! So if I were to pick just one country, it would have to be Spain – but if I were going with my friends, well….. I think all of us (Violet, Daisy, Hyacinth, and I) would all really enjoy seeing historical sites around Europe, so the tour of Europe is a great idea! I would love to visit old castles and also places where men and women were martyred for their faith in the Lord – what an inspiration for us!

5.      Testimonies are one thing that I always find difficult – I have to name and date just one time in my life when the Lord worked in my heart? To be honest, He is continually working in me and will for the rest of my life, so it’s hard to say when I ‘became a Christian’. Growing up in a Christian home, being taught daily about the Lord, His Word, and how to live a godly life means that I haven’t had an amazing ‘conversion experience’ like some people do. What I do know is that in my early teens I really believed all that I’ve heard my whole life – realized even more than I had before that God is my heavenly Father and that I want to serve Him in every little aspect of my life, not just as a once-a-week Sunday worship service, and the rest of the time living for myself. It’s hard not to get complacent about everything, but I continue to strive to study God’s Word for myself, have my own daily private devotions, because even though I’ve read through the Bible many times before, there is still so much to learn! And I will continue to learn more and more throughout the rest of my life. Strange to think that all of us will never learn all there is to know about God and His Word in this lifetime, but we can do our best to be faithful ‘Bereans’ – studying the Word and finding out if what men say is true from the Scripture. So I’d like to encourage all of you to have a ‘continual renewing of your mind’ as you study God’s Word, talk to Him in prayer, and always remember that He is always beside you, carrying you, and guiding you through life as you do every little thing you do for His glory. J

Lots of love from
                

No comments: