Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Grace and Blessings ~ Laura Story

The lyrics of these two songs by Laura Story touched my heart so much today - they are so true! This is probably the first time that I've posted songs that are not really my style of music - I mostly listen to more traditional hymns (I'm an old-fashioned girl through and through)! But even if you, like me, are not into contemporary music, I seriously recommend that you take the time to listen to these two songs and you will be amazed at what a true reflection the lyrics are of the relationship betweeen ourselves and God.

Grace - this is my absolute favourite of her songs. The words really reminded me that I really can't point to anything I've done and say "See Lord, I've earned my salvation". No, truly we slip up again and again, and it is only by His grace that He does not leave us to recieve the punishment that we deserve. Thank you so much Lord!


Blessings - this was such a powerful reminder that sometimes the greatest blessings can come through trials, pain and suffering much as it is hard to see that at the time! Whenever we are facing hard times, we can be sure that the Lord hears our prayers but sometimes He calls us to go through it regardless. Father, help us to trust in You when we don't understand why we are going through bad times.



And here is Laura Story's explanation of Blessings. It is really amazing to hear someone going against what mainstream groups term as "blessings" and to show a different definition - and how true it is! 

 

God bless you all this week and sorry about the overload of posts at the moment! I just couldn't resist sharing this with you all today!

From,


No comments: