Saturday, 23 March 2013

Violet: Hymns I Love #3 - Great is Thy Faithfulness

I haven't posted a hymn in quite a while, and as they have been encouraging me so much recently I thought it was about time I shared another favourite of mine!

Great is Thy Faithfulness



Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.

Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
  Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
    Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Chorus

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Chorus

Source: http://www.hymnal.net/hymn.php/h/19#ixzz2OL5LbpXC

I love this hymn for the way that it reminds me that no matter how tough things get, God has not and will never abandon me. It also prompts me, when I am apt to complain, of all the good things God has provided for me and done in my life and so makes me want to worship and praise Him out of thankfulness instead!

God bless!

From,

1 comment:

Lily said...

Thanks for posting this song, Violet! :) I love this hymn as well - it's a great reminder of how much we take forgranted, including God's faithfulness to us!
Hope you're having a blessed week.
Love from Lily