Thursday, 25 April 2013

ANZAC Day 2013

Hi all!

It is just turning 7.00am here and I have just got back from our city's ANZAC day service. Amid pouring rain (there were lots of umbrellas out!) we heard some speeches and watched wreaths being laid in commemoration and tribute of all the people lost in conflicts that New Zealand has been part of, notably World Wars I and II. This is a day of remberance for those in both Australia and New Zealand, and you can read more about it and its origins here: http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/war/anzac-day/introduction.

Anyway, as a little reminder as to why today is important, I thought I would post this music video, The Victory, by New Zealander Holly Christina.



God bless and I hope you all spend some time today thanking God for the peace and security He has given our country.

From,


No comments: