Sunday, 14 April 2013

New Blog: Rejoice in the Lord always! :D

Hi all!

Just a quick notice to let you all know that I (Violet) have started up a blog called Rejoice in the Lord always! which is specifically aimed towards Christians who are experiencing suffering, trials, or hard times of one kind or another. Violets and Daisies will continue to be the place where I mostly post articles I write. However, I have noticed that I am posting more than a reader could keep up with here, and a lot of the posts have been to do with seeking the Lord during the hard times. So I thought it was about time to place those posts somewhere seperate. I want Rejoice in the Lord always! to be a place where those who are going through tough times in their lives can be built up in their walk with the Lord. To find out more about the blog and its purpose, go here.

Some ideas I have at the moment for future blog posts on it are as follows:
  • My own thoughts on the subject of suffering.
  • Verses I find helpful and inspiring.
  • Quotes, music and resources about it.
  • Links to good sermons.
  • Excerpts from books.
  • "Inspirational sufferers" - posts about Christians who have endured great trials by God's grace.
  • Guest posts from Christians who have gone through hard times.
  • A weekly (Lord willing!) post on something to add joy to our lives: it will be easy for this blog to become a dreary and sad place as I will be posting on such a somber topic, but the verse I use as a motto for this blog reminds us that the Lord wants us to have joy even when things are hard, so I will also be posting things to brighten your day! :)
So please check it out and tell me what you think! :) At the moment, you will recognise a lot of the posts there as I have reposted posts on suffering from Violets and Daisies, but hopefully I will soon have new and exciting articles up! :D

God bless, and my prayer is that you find this blog helpful in your own walk with the Lord.
To close, I will leave you with this blog's main verse, which has been the verse I have returned to most often in recent years:
"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." ~ Philippians 4:4-7
To God be the glory!

No comments: