I've had a very difficult day, but the Lord has seriously been at work even in the hard times! He really brought His word to bear upon my life today, and I thought I would share these verses for reading when "times are hard" as these all came to mind throughout the day, and it is my prayer that they will really help you too. I'll let them speak for themselves. :)
- "...do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." ~ Philippians 4:6-7
- “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." ~ Matthew 5:4
- "I can do all things through him who strengthens me." ~ Philippians 4:13
- "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing . . . Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. . . Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change..." ~ James 1:2-18
- "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Matthew 11:28
- "And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” ~ Matthew 28: 20
- "For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven... a time to weep, and a time to laugh..." ~ Ecclesiastes 3:1,4
My friends have also been building me up in prayer and by giving me these verses today, which really helped me! It's great to have such godly friends like the ones I have - I can never be thankful enough for them!
- "So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us and eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal." ~ 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
- "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." ~ John 16:33
- "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock." ~ Isaiah 26:3,4
- "...fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." ~ Isaiah 41:10
- "Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed. Then they were glad that the waters were quiet, and he brought them to their desired haven." ~ Psalm 107: 28-30
If you are having a hard time at the moment, I encourage you to rest in the Lord, pray and search the scriptures. Allow Him to use the trials to shape you and conform you to His ways. It is hard, and certianly not pleasant at the time but in the end it is worth it!