Tuesday, 14 May 2013

My Baptism

Hello again everyone! Sorry it has been a little while since I last posted, especially since I promised to be back soon!! But things got a little hectic over the last week or so.... But in a very, very good way....

The beautiful spot where I was baptised
So for a really, really long time (since I first became a Christian, when I was 7 or 8 years old), I have wanted to be baptised. But a long, and very complicated turn of events meant that I hadn't been. It just never worked out for it to actually happen. But this year, I started asking my youth pastor over and over again about when I could get baptised. I prayed about it loads too.
It was a rather chilly day...
It finally seemed like it was going to work out one afternoon early this year. I got all excited, and started making plans. I spoke to the people I wanted to be my Godparents, and although they lived 6 hours away, they said they would love to come down to our town for my baptism. They made plans... my baptism was cancelled, thanks to a time-table mix up by our church leadership - oops :P It was about the 5th time this had happened though, so I wasn't too too disappointed. I knew God had other things in mind.
And so the ceremony began!
My Godparents decided to still come down and visit, so that was exciting. They were coming up on Saturday (the original day we had planned my baptism on). On Friday, my youth pastor called me. He had just had a brain wave - would Sunday, straight after morning church work for my baptism? After a short discussion with my mum I called back - yes, yes it would!
A whole lot of my friends and loved ones watched from the
bridge
So mum and I spent the rest of that day rushing around organising things. It was so exciting the way it all worked out - God's timing is so, so perfect!! I was all set to get baptised on Sunday the 12th of May - Mother's Day. That was so special in so many ways - firstly, it was on Mother's Day I was christened (basically where one's parents commit to raise you as a Christian), back when I was just 1 year old. Also, my Godparents to be can't have children, so for them, that was really significant! And it worked out that almost all of my closest friends and family, all my loved ones could be there.
Sharing a bit of my testimony 
It was a really special occasion. In front of all the people most special to me, I was able to publicly announce that I have been saved from my sins by the grace of God and that I want to live my life for Him. And the feeling of the water washing over me, that beautiful symbolism of being cleansed, of dying to my old life, and being reborn a new creation in Christ, was truly incredible (even if the water was EXTREMELY cold haha).
Isn't it a beautiful spot?!
"I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my degrees and be careful to keep my laws." ~Ezekiel 36:25-27~
Man, was that water cold!! Haha :P
Those verses were read out before I entered the water. They are such an incredible reminder of how gracious our God is - we are all sinners, we are all so far away from Him. Yet He sent His Son to die the death which should have been ours. He died to save us, if we just repent, and ask for forgiveness. It is never too early, or too late to turn to Him <3 By His grace, we will be set free, we will be cleansed, we will be loved.
Me with my Godparents and my mother and brother
My lovely Godparents and I <3
I wish I had some photos of myself with Hyacinth, Lily and Violet (yes, they were all there!) but sadly I don't. Oh well :P Anyway, that's more than enough photos for now, but I hope you all enjoyed a glimpse of one of the most amazing days of my life <3



3 comments:

Violet said...

Congratulations, Daisy, on this public demonstration of your faith and trust in the Lord! I pray that the Lord would be with you always as you seek to serve Him with your life. It was lovely to celebrate this momentous occassion with you!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make straight your paths." ~ Proverbs 3:5-6

God bless!
From your friend,
Violet

Emily said...

Congrats, Daisy!

Laura said...

Herzlichen Gl├╝ckwunsch
felicidades
Comhghairdeas
complimenti
Congratulations
~Laura