Saturday, 15 June 2013

An Adventure

Hello everyone! <3

So, I told you the other day that I'm up to something exciting once the chamber music competitions are over on Saturday (today)... *drum roll* 
I'M GOING TO TAHITI!!!!!!

Yep, you heard me right - my family and I are off to that beautiful little country, tucked away in French Polynesia, tomorrow morning :D We are all SO excited! It will be our first real holiday in over 8 years!! It is amazing how it came about too...
For as long as I can remember, my Mum, brother and I have said we'd go to Tahiti in my senior year - no particular reason, it was just a dream we all had. We knew it would probably never happen, and after my dad left us, and money was extremely tight, we knew it almost definitely wouldn't. I had actually forgotten all about that dream...

However, at the beginning of this year, we had an anonymous gift of money - the exact amount of a package deal to Tahiti. We prayed about it all, but it soon became very clear that that was what we were meant to do. And so God has granted our long-time dream - He has provided for that to come true  when it wouldn't have even been conceivable otherwise. We are going to spend 10 days in Tahiti in my senior year!! :D
They speak French there, which is super exciting :) We are going to be spending a few days on the main island, Papeete, then 6 days on Moorea, a truly beautiful, smaller island complete with a dolphin reserve, where we can swim with the dolphins - it is going to be absolutely wonderful!

The internet is really expensive over there, this is probably the last you'll hear from me for a little while... But I promise to take loads of photos, and to share the best ones with you all when I return!

Much love, and have a great next 2 weeks, 
xxx

5 comments:

Hyacinth said...

Yay!! :D So exciting! Hope you have a really amazing and special time!
Will be praying for you! :)
With love,
Hyacinth ♥

Violet said...

So exciting - you'll have to come back with plenty of photos & stories to tell! :D Will definately be praying that you have safe travelling. Oh & congratulations for doing so well in the music competition...but I'll leave that for you to post about at a later date!

God bless & can't wait till you get back!

From your friend,
Violet

Megan and Abby said...

Wow, how awesome is that!!! Have a super-amazing time, Daisy!
P.S. Isn't it great to see how God cares, even about the supposedly "unimportant" things in life!
-Abby

Laura said...

Hia Daisy!

That is so cool! I've only stopped over at Tahiti on the tarmac, going to US of A.
How long are you going over there for?
Have fun
~Laura

Violet said...

Hi Laura,

I'll reply on Daisy's behalf as she's gone now and won't have internet access until she's back. She'll be gone for 2 weeks. Neat that you've gone to the USA - I've never been overseas! :( One day in the future I will perhaps, Lord willing!

And yes, Abby, it's so true that the Lord provides in little areas that we don't even think He would see as significant - it blows me away that He cares so much about little me in such a small country that He knows how many hairs are on my head! Wow!

God bless! I'm on holiday now, so hopefully I'll be able to write some posts to put up before Daisy returns! :P

Violet