Thursday, 27 June 2013

I'm Baaaack (Daisy's Tahiti Adventure Part 1)

Hi everyone!! I'm back home now, after an absolutely amazing ten days! I've got so many memories and so many photos I'd love to share with you all, but I'll just a share a few top favourites :) For those of you who haven't heard the story behind how our trip to Tahiti and Moorea came about, please go here:

We left New Zealand on Sunday the 16th of June...
The view out our plane window as we soared over the
Pacific!
And arrived on Saturday the 15th! A most interesting experience, and very confusing too xD My brother and I decided that, whilst it is cool to be able to say we'd time-traveled, it is much easier not to! 
My mum and brother at the international airport entrance -
tiny, isn't it?!
The hotel lobby where we were staying!
Our hotel room - so pretty!!
We woke up the next morning to the sound of drums in the distance... We hurried outside into the heat (which was a real shock to the system after our New Zealand winter weather - but a good shock for sure!) to find that there was a Sunday breakfast banquet on the beach, and some traditional dances were being performed! 
A small part of the beautiful breakfast feast!
After breakfast we set out to explore the hotel...
I wish the lighting had been better for photos - it was
so much better than this in reality!! 
It's almost paradise in some ways :D
A pool with a bar you could swim up to, and buy drinks
from!!
One of the gorgeous swimming pools
A beautiful sunset, after a long, hard day of relaxing and
doing almost nothing but swim, sunbathe, read and pray!
Believe it or not, it's the first time either my Mum or I have
spent a day doing nothing in over 4 years - such a blessing
from the Lord!!
The next day, we left the island of Tahiti and headed over to Moorea. We weren't too keen to leave, as we were loving Tahiti so much, but all the hotel staff assured us Moorea was better - I'll admit we didn't at first believe it possible.... Moorea is also (for those who have seen the musical South Pacific) the mythical island of Bali Hai. It is just incredible!!
After a half an hour-ish boat trip, we arrived. 
Then we had a half an hour bus ride to the resort itself
The resort we were staying in was a 5-star resort!!! How incredible is that?! We could never have afforded that if it wasn't for God's incredible providence - the way He had worked everything out perfectly was just amazing, and so moving - that He even cares about the little, seemingly unimportant-ish things - can't get over it :D 
They give you a fruit juice to drink while you wait to
get checked in!! The service is so good, and the staff all
speak English really well :) 
Welcome to paradise on earth!
There is a dolphin reserve as part of the hotel :D :D
The next day, we had the incredible privilege of visiting the dolphins up close and personal :D
Meet Kuokoa <3 
He is so beautiful!!
My family, plus our new friend! 
Watching him jump in the distance!
That sure was an amaaaaazing experience!! I've swum with dolphins before, but in freezing cold water in New Zealand, and we couldn't really touch them like we were able to at the Moorea Dolphin centre. I will never forget that special half an hour! <3
Well, that's a very brief summary of the first 5 days we spent in French Polynesia! I thought I had better split the post in two, else you'd all get very bored haha :P But I'll be back with more about our adventure soon!

Lots of love and God bless, 

4 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Daisy!

That would of been so cool!
I remember the Tahiti airport!

In Christ,
~Laura

Anonymous said...

Wow! Stan is tall!

Megan and Abby said...

Oh, wow! The water is SOOOO blue! I would love to go anywhere in the Pacific someday. Can't wait to see Part II!

Violet said...

Thanks so much for sharing your Tahitian adventures with us! :D I look forward to more amazing pics!

Love the dolphin pic too! ;)

Your friend,
Violet