Wednesday, 10 July 2013

A Snippet from my Holidays!

Hi all,

I've been on holiday the last few weeks, and while I haven't been up to anything particularly exciting or out of the ordinary (I certianly haven't been to Tahiti and back as Daisy has!) - but that is okay, as I'm a real stay-at-home person whose idea of the perfect holiday is staying at home, and curling up in a familar place with a book I've been dying to read. Anyway, I thought I'd give you a glimpse of my holidays, now that they're nearly over! So it'll probably be a bitsy piecey kind of blog post but hopefully it's interesting!

Below is a  cross stitch I recently finished. I was quite pleased with the end product though it took me AGES to complete! I am not naturally gifted with patience so I was really happy that even though it took me so long, I did get it done and didn't give up. I gave it to a friend as a belated birthday gift, so hopefully it will be able to adorn her wall and add some homeliness there. :)


Speaking of cross stitch, mum also finished her one and had it framed! She gave it to me as a belated birthday present and I love it so much! Thank you mum! Hopefully I'll post a picture of it at a later date.

I've also been working a lot at my job this week - so much fun! I'm looking forward to seeing Daisy's play this coming Saturday as well as a mid-winter Christmas dinner that our church will be holding. That's one advantage of living "Down Under" - mid-winter Christmases!

I'm loving listening to Hilary Hahn's amazing violin playing - especially when she plays music by my favourite composer, Mozart, like in this video:



Yes, that beautiful tune basically sums up why I love Mozart's music so much! His music always makes me feel joyful as it is so light and lively! :) I'm quite excited as I just purchased some sheet music by Handel arranged for the flute and piano and am looking forward to playing it with my mother. :)

Hope you've all been having a blessed week!

From,


No comments: