Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Unlocked Book Review

UnlockedUnlocked by Karen Kingsbury
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Karen Kingsbury's "Unlocked" is one of the best books I have ever read by her. It tells the story of Holden Harris, and eighteen year old high school student. Sadly, he suffers from autism. Deep within himself, Holden is very happy, but the students from his school don't understand him, and he is often bullied. But things begin to change.

The change begins in the form of a girl from school called Ella, who reaches out to Holden. And slowly, Holden starts to come out from within his inner self. The journey you go in in this book is so beautiful, and just captures all the different emotions so well, and I ended up in tears at quite a few points (I often do in movies, but very rarely in books). More than anything else, it is a story of looking past our differences, of understanding and accommodating, it is a story of say "enough", of fighting for what is right, but more than anything, it is a story of hope.

It is a really eye-opening book, a brilliant read, one which I would highly recommend! I'll keep this review short and sweet so as to avoid any spoilers :)



2 comments:

Megan and Abby said...

I read this book two years ago, and loved it! It is well worth the reading!
-Abby

Josie said...

I have read this book several times and every time it's as good as the first. Such a wonderful story!