Thursday, 19 September 2013

Violet and Daisy's Adventure In Wellington!

Early morning on the train! We're not very awake yet haha :P
A couple of weeks ago, Violet and I went on an adventure! (Sorry, I would have posted about it earlier, but my laptop is broken again :( I'm trying to post this from my phone haha). But anyhow...

We'd been planning for weeks to take a trip down to Wellington (the capital city, about 2 hours from our home town), and finally decided to go one Thursday when Violet was on her mid-semester break. We got up early (5:15!!), and Violet's mother kindly drove us to the train station.


It was a beautiful ride - it started off in the dark, and as we traveled through the beautiful New Zealand countryside, we got to see the sunrise!!

The nearer we got to Wellington, the worse the weather got, much to our dismay (You can see the rain in the photo just below)!

The view as we arrived in Wellington!
I played paparazzi for the day - poor Violet had to put up
with me making her pose by all sorts of things!
Once we arrived in the city itself, we were desperate to get out of the icy cold wind and the rain, so we hurried up to a little cafe in a nice warm food court, where Violet very kindly treated me to breakfast!
That cafe had such nice views over the heart of the city!

After that, we spent the majority of the day shopping, and exploring the CBD. We got some absolutely lovely dresses for Violet - I wish I had photos of those, but sadly I didn't think of it :(
We ended the day rather exhausted - it was a relief to hop back on the train for the ride home. We finished up the day with watching a lovely movie called "The Last Valentine" (I believe Violet is intending to review it for you all at some point...). All in all, we had a wonderful day!

I'm sorry I haven't posted properly in a while - partly due to my laptop being dead, but also because I've been busy with my school work. But I am pleased to announce that I am now officially a high school graduate :D So hopefully I'll be able to post more regularly now!

God bless,

1 comment:

abbyredeemed said...

Wow, it sounds like you gals had a great time! Maybe someday I can travel to NZ and see the beautiful country.
Congratulations on graduating! I know that it's an exciting thing!
-Abby