Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Another of Daisy's adventures

Well, hello there, our dearest readers! I'm just back from a wonderful adventure - this last weekend I has the wonderful privilege of attending, and competing in, the New Zealand Aria competition! It was held in a town called Rotorua, which just happens to be the tourist capital of the country, thanks to it's incredible geothermal features. I'm going to try and cut down my hundreds of photos to just a few of the best ones, to give you all a glimpse of my adventure! Okay, here we go...

One of my performance outfits - I know it kinda
looks like I'm in mourning - it was better without
the cardi, but I was cold haha
The first two days were just spent competing. I didn't sing my best, so I was a little disappointed, but I really enjoyed the experience. The second day I was singing in the category above my age group, which was absolutely amazing!! Really inspiring hearing so many incredible vocalists.

The next day, Mum and I went exploring, and visited a geothermal site called Wai-o-tapu. You can read more about it here: It was just amazing! So many incredible, natural wonders! As I was walking through there, I couldn't help but sing "Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come! With all creation I sing, praise to the King of Kings. You are my everything, and I will adore You." (Lyrics from Revelation Song - one of my all-time favourite worship songs!) It really felt like all of creation there was calling out to praise the Lord in that place. It was just so incredible. The raw power of the earth, the beautiful, awe-inspiring wonder of all the geothermal sites provided the venue for one of the best "worship services" I've ever had the privilege of attending!  
Boiling mud!! :O
Steam rising above the hillside 
A boiling pool 
Beautiful, right?

Sulphur Cave 
That evening, we attended the New Zealand Aria Senior finals. It was absolutely amazing!! :D Such incredible singing, as well as we got to hear the Auckland Philharmonic Orchestra, which was super cool! Wish I could find some recordings to share with you all!
All ready to go!
The next day, we headed back home, but before we left Rotorua, we went back to Waiotapu to witness the geyser erupting.

All in all, it was a most exciting weekend, one I will definitely never forget! Can't wait for NZ Aria '14!
God bless, 




1 comment:

Ella said...

Hello Daisy!
It's been a long time since I commented on your blog.
Your trip looked fun. Isn't God's creation amazing?

P.S. I have started a new blog : abookinthehand25.blogspot.com. Please feel free to stop by and leave a comment.