Wednesday, 25 December 2013

Christmas Is Gratitude

Hello everyone!
I want to wish you all a very blessed Christmas this year! 2013 has just flown by for me (and probably
for you too!)
Thinking about Christmas, and particularly remembering the time when Jesus, God's only Son, came to the world, I realized that it's all about gratitude :) Christmas and the celebrations that go with it are all about being grateful to God for the gift of His precious Son. I mean, we are always grateful (although probably not as much as we should be!) but do we show it? Even in our Christmas preparations and buying presents, giving to others - does it remind us enough of the greatest gift ever given (and ever received)? Probably not.
So, here's what I've decided to do. I'm going to list five things that I am grateful for in relation to Jesus' birth. Even if it seems so obvious, I'm going to write it down nonetheless.

1. I'm so thankful that Jesus came to the world as a baby, to grow into the man that would pay for my horrible sins with His precious life, His blood.

2. I'm eternally grateful for the everlasting life He has given me, that I can live forever and always glorify and praise His Holy Name.

3. I'm grateful that because He has saved me, I can tell others of His mighty work in me and point them towards Him.

4. I'm thankful that Jesus has sent the Holy Spirit to live within me and all His children, so that He will 'be with us always, even to the end of the age".

5. I am thankful that because of His coming and also His death, I am alive in Him and He in me, and that I can be used by Him to further His Kingdom here on Earth.

To me, these seem like all very obvious things, but it's good to write them down and list them :) I need reminding of this all the time, because it's so easy these days to forget the real reason behind the 'season' of Christmas. It's not all about buying presents and decorating Christmas trees. It's all about God's Son coming to earth to save those who follow Him.

So now it's your turn! If you are keen, write five things that you are grateful for throughout Christmas, either in the comments section here on this blog, or if you like, just for your own personal record at home. :) Either way, remind yourself of why we celebrate Christmas, and remind others too! :)

Love from


1 comment:

Ella said...

Merry Christmas Lilly!!!
You are right, there are so many things to be thankful for.
I needed to remember that, so thank you:)