Friday, 7 February 2014

I'm Back

Hello Violets and Daisies - have you all forgotten me? I won't blame you if you have, it's been that long!! I haven't blogged in almost 3 months :O I'm really sorry - that's inexcusable of me. I'd like to claim that it's because I've been busier than normal, but I really haven't...

But anyhow, I will do my very best to keep my blogging more regular as of now! I have an exciting year ahead of me - I've just started swim instructing at our local pool which is a really fun and fulfilling job, I'm about to start studying counselling extramurally, I have several play scripts in the works (Violet is helping me work on one, which is most exciting!), I'm going to be doing a lot more singing and I'm sure I'll be up to a lot of other things too.

I was able to start this year out again with going on New Wine camp, (as I did last year) which was incredible again! I was working with the 8-10 year olds again, and we had a wonderful time playing, worshipping and learning together. I was really blessed to see 5 kids in my group of 8 commit their lives to Christ for the first time. It was the best thing ever!!

The theme for the camp this year was "Made for More", which I loved. It was such a good reminder that we haven't been made to live as this world dictates, but that we are called to live lives of service to the God of this Universe. And that is not a calling to take lightly. It really helped me to remember that every day single day I am called to serve God in all that I do, and that I am not the focus, but that He is.

Last year was a hard year for me. I got weighed down by the world's worries, and forgot to seek God first in all I did. So this year, I have determined to seek to live by faith alone, and to put God in the "driver's seat" of my life. Here are some verses which have been really inspiring me recently:
Galatians 3:11
"In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honour when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls."
~1 Peter:6-9~


And I just thought I'd finish off by sharing an amazing worship song I heard for the first time at New Wine - I hope it blesses you as much as it blessed me :)

Well, that's in from me for now, but I'll be back soon!! :)
God bless, 

2 comments:

Violet said...

Yay Daisy, you're back! :D It's about time I started posting again too...:)

Ella said...

Hi Daisy!
It's good to see you blogging again.

P.S. I have a new blog called abookinthehand25.blogspot.com.
Feel free to stop by and leave a comment ( or two or three:).