Sunday, 23 February 2014

Live a life that demands explanation

It has been one of those days.
The kind where it feels like nothing you do makes a difference.
Where you wonder what is the point of trying.
Where it feels like no matter how hard you try, no one hears the truth.
No one cares, no one is listening.
Just one of those days, y'know?
It's easy to get down, to get discouraged, to feel like giving up. 
But something I keep reminding myself is that it's not my fight.
All I can do is my best, the result is up to God.
All I can do is live the life God has called me to.
Even if I don't feel like anything I am doing is making a difference or even counts. 
Because God works in ways we cannot understand or even comprehend. 
And it isn't about me, or what I see as success.
It is about God alone, and living for Him. 
Serving Him with all I am. 
Today in between church services we had a commissioning service for all the CRE (Christian Religious Education) teachers. I am joining their ranks this year, which is very exciting. Something the preacher said that really stuck with me was that in years to come, the children may not remember all we teach them or talk about, but they will remember how we lived. Who we were. What we stood for. 

And tonight in our sermon, a verse which just really re-affirmed that for me.
"Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ." ~1 Corinthians 11:1~

That just inspired me so much, that we should be seeking godly mentors to follow, and should ourselves be seeking to live lives which show a mirror of Christ to this world. We are called to live lives which make people think and show them where to turn - to the light, towards our Saviour. That is our calling. 

It is never easy.
That much is for sure.
But God is our strength, always.
And He will refresh us, and give us His joy.
And the love which we do not deserve!
"Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." ~Matthew 11:28~

"Let the beloved of the Lord,
rest secure in Him, for He shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between His shoulders. " ~Deuteronomy 33:12~

"We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of His will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please Him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light." ~Colossians 1:10-12~


Much love, 







P.S. Feel free to like us on Facebook :)

No comments: