Monday, 28 April 2014

Come Ye Sinners Poor and Needy

Hi all! 
Hope you have all had a very blessed Easter! In celebration of our Saviour I thought I'd post a modern take on this old hymn, which has such wonderful words! I especially love the refrain - it is so true that in the midst of the trials and cares of this world, the best and safest place to be is in the arms of our Saviour! :)



The truth of verse three also struck me: it's so true that many of us, particularly those of us who grow up in Christian homes feel that we will try and fix all of todays problems and sins in our own strength and come to Christ when we are "older", "understand more" or are more "good" and "godly". I know to my shame that this was my attitude before I was saved, despite all that I was being taught to the contrary. Friends, readers of this blog, do not make the same mistake that I did and spend years in self-service trying to attain salvation in your own strength but rather repent and humbly come before the Lord. This hymn is so right that if you try and delay this you may never be saved as it is impossible to meet God's standard of righteousness by our own efforts. So my prayer is that as you listen to this hymn, you would seriously ask yourself whether you are indeed relying wholly upon God's grace in sending His son in your place to save you. If not, it is never too late to turn to Him! Please do not leave this matter another day for we do not know when He will come again and it will be too late.



I am praying for you! And for any of my brothers and sisters in Christ who may be reading this, what a cause for rejoicing this hymn gives us!

Come Ye Sinners Poor and Needy



Come, ye sinners, poor and needy, 
Weak and wounded, sick and sore;
Jesus ready stands to save you, 
Full of pity, love and pow’r. 

Refrain:
I will arise and go to Jesus, 
He will embrace me in His arms; 
 In the arms of my dear Savior, 
 Oh, there are ten thousand charms. 

 Come, ye thirsty, come, and welcome, 
God’s free bounty glorify; 
True belief and true repentance, 
Every grace that brings you nigh. 

Come, ye weary, heavy-laden, 
Lost and ruined by the fall; 
If you tarry till you’re better, 
You will never come at all. 

Refrain

View Him prostrate in the garden;
 On the ground your Maker lies; 
On the bloody tree behold Him; 
Sinner, will this not suffice? 

Lo! th’ incarnate God ascended, 
Pleads the merit of His blood: 
Venture on Him, venture wholly, 
Let no other trust intrude.

Refrain

God bless!

With prayers,



No comments: