Wednesday, 23 July 2014

A Picture of what God Looks Like

Hi everyone! :)

I was looking through my cupboard today and I found a quote that I just had to share with you all. :)


"Through our words and deeds, 
our everyday conversations, 
our attitudes and actions, 
we are sketching an illustration of God for all to see.  
Our lives should be a portrayal, 
a rendering, 
a picture of what God looks like." 
Joni Eareckson Tada 

It really made me think about my life and whether or not people can see God through me.  My question for you is "can others see God through you, through your actions?" This question is very much for me too, and I find it very challenging.
Even as the creation shows God's glory to those around it, we too need to be a picture of what God looks like to those around us.

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands." Psalm 19:1

God bless! 


4 comments:

Violet said...

Thanks for that reminder Hyacinth! I love Joni Eareckson Tada's writing/quotes (as you know!), there is always so much helpful and insightful wisdom to be gleaned from her! :) It's so challenging to think that the world is watching everything we do and that every little part of our lives should be to the glory of God - something we all fall short on! Being reminded of this certianly helps me to re-evaluate my life by God's standard's rather than my own! People can definitely see God through you Hyacinth! <3 God bless & thanks so much for the insightful post! :D From your friend & sister in Christ, Violet <3

Elizabethany said...

Beautiful :-)

Heather Bingham said...

Amen Girls i enjoy reading i do not comment much but will try more often ... also i awarded you all so take a look - http://notw4life.blogspot.com/ -

Violet said...

Hi Heather,
Thanks for the award! :) It's been neat looking at your blog too! :) God bless! From your sister in Christ, Violet <3