Monday, 21 July 2014

To Want to Write

From Pinterest
I have a confession to make dear readers. I sit here, longing to write something, anything! The Lord definitely made me someone with a love for writing, and so I desperately want to be able to bless others through it. Though my writing skills are far from perfect and I will never be ambitious enough to write a book, this blog does give me an outlet to express myself through writing, for which I am really thankful, and I truly love it! Thus, my lack of writing lately is entirely without excuse, particularly as I have not been any more busy than I usually am.

The truth of the matter is, readers, I have reached a "blank". These days it seems as my thoughts come at me rapid fire, far too fast for me to write them down in coherant sentences. Maybe this is part and parcel of being a university student and frequently writing essays and reading academic books and articles throughout the day so being tired of it the rest of the time? Whatever the case, it seems I am struggling to write anything on the blog these days. :( Interestingly enough, when I do think of something worthwhile to write, it often relates more to my other blog Rejoice in the Lord always! which I never intended to be posting on any more frequently than this blog. Ah well, the Lord will still be able to use it, I am sure! :) 

The sad thing is, this does not only relate to blogging, but also journalling and similar writing endeavours. Another blogger expresses how I am feeling so accurately here: http://hisprincesswarrior.blogspot.co.nz/2014/04/filled-to-be-emptied.html To cut to the heart of the matter, I think I am in the midst of a spiritual battle where I struggle even to spend time with my Heavenly Father in a meaningful way. So please be praying for me, dear readers!

I will leave it there as it is getting late, but hopefully I will write a proper post soon! :) I will leave you with this verse I read the other day from Psalm 61:

"From the end of the earth I call to you, when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I, for you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy." ~ Psalm 61:2-3

This is my prayer both for myself and you, dear readers, that the Lord would help us to turn, nay run, to Him no matter how faint or weak in our faith we may feel!

God bless!





4 comments:

Emily said...

I'll definitely be praying for you!
~Emily

Violet said...

Aw, thanks so, so much Emily! God bless & you will be in my prayers too! :) Your sister in Christ, Violet <3

Elizabethany said...

God bless, Violet, and don't give up writing!!

Violet said...

Thanks for your encouragement Elizabethany! :) God bless you too!