Thursday, 7 August 2014

An Award! :) (And yes, it's the Leibster Award again...) :P

Hi all,
Yes, we've been award the Leibster Award again by Heather Bingham at God's Creations! Thanks Heather! :) I must confess this time I broke the rules a little due to time constraints (after all, it is quite tricky coming up with 11 facts about yourself multiple times!). You're more than welcome to go to earlier awards to see my answers about them but for this time I will just answer the questions Heather has asked, and tag a few people. :)
Rules: 
1) Each person must list 11 things about themselves. 
2) Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you PLUS you MUST create 11 questions of your own for the 11 people you will nominate with this award.  
3) Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
4) Go to their page and inform them of the nomination.  
5) Absolutely NO tag backs (no awarding who awarded you).  
6) Remember to ONLY award bloggers with less than 200 followers

1. Do you believe in God?

Yes! :D
 
2. Are you saved, If not what stops you?

 I am saved (praise the Lord)! :D
 
3. If you could travel some where (other then your own country) where would it be?

 Britain! Especially London! :) I've always wanted to see that country because of all of its history. :)
 
4. What are you most afraid of..?

 Hmm... that's a tricky one! :-/ Lately though I've been realising that the most awful and wasted life is one which is not spent in loving and serving the Lord ('Don't Waste Your Life' by John Piper is a really challenging read on this subject!). So I guess my greatest fear is to come to the end of my life having used little of it glorifying God and drawing others to Him: essentially having "wasted" it.
 
5. What do you love to do with your time (besides work/school)? 

Blogging (haha, that goes without saying really)! :P Also reading, encouraging others, spending time with friends, going to Church and Bible studies. :)
 
6. What is your favorite color/colors?

Yellow! It's so bright and sunshiney! :D

7. What are you wanting in you future spouse..?
Haha, this one I left to answer last as it's quite a personal one that I'm not entirely comfortable spilling out on this blog while I am still a single young lady! ;-) What I will say is that above anything else he must have a heart that loves and serves the Lord and puts Him first.
 
8. What is you favorite bible verse?

There are many verses the Lord uses to challenge and encourage me at different points during my life, but the one I find myself consistantly returning to is Philippians 4:4-7: "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
 
9. How often do you pray and if less then 1 hr a day could you spare more time..?

That's a tricky one! In terms of a time set aside especially for prayer, I confess it falls well short of an hour! But in terms of seeing prayer as an ongoing conversation between me and the Lord, I find myself praying at random times during the day, so it is hard for me to know exactly how much time spend in prayer as most of it arises as things to pray about surface in my mind. This is definitely an area that the Lord has been challenging me on lately, though, and because my memory is terrible, I've begun to jot down prayer requests in a notebook I carry around with me so that I can remember to pray about different things.
 
10. What are you most thankful for..?

 The Lord and that He sent His Son to die for me!
 
11. What do you want to do with your life?

Serve the Lord wherever He has me! At the moment that is at home, church and university. :)

Okay, and now I'm nominating the following people to answer the same questions:
Lily 

Of course it's optional, and if you are a regular reader of this blog feel free to do this award too. :)

 

1 comment:

Heather Bingham said...

men and hehe sorry for you doing it more then a few times haha!! I love what you said on #4 What are you most afraid of..? - "So I guess my greatest fear is to come to the end of my life having used little of it glorifying God and drawing others to Him: essentially having "wasted" it." I agree with that I to have been thinking on that as well, when I met the Lord face to face what will i show for in serving him... I know I can do more then i have and will work on doing more for him!!