Sunday, 7 September 2014

Kindred Spirit Award



No, I wasn't actually awarded this, but I thought it sounded like fun, especially considering the fact that I recently had an Anne of Green Gables themed tea party! So I decided to give my answers to it here. :) Here is a photo of the way we had the table set at the tea party! :)


Award Rules:

1. Answer the questions you are given.
2. Nominate anyone you'd like.
3. Give 10 questions for others to answer (you can use my questions if you'd like).
4. Share the picture above^ with the post you make and link it back to Eve's blog.


1. Who is your favourite character in Anne of Green Gables?
 Probably Anne. After all, it is her vibrant personality that simply leaps off the pages!

2. Are you more like Anne or Diana?
 Definitely Diana. In fact, Daisy loves to tease me by saying how much I am like Diana and how much she is like Anne! :) 


3. What is your favourite quote from the book/movie?
"It wasn’t luck; it was Providence. He knew we needed her." ~ Marilla Cuthbert. 


4. What was the funniest moment in it?
 Ooh, that's hard! There are several really that come to mind: the incident with the mouse, Diana and the raspberry cordial, the green hair-dye, the Lady of Shalott and Anne breaking the slate over Gilbert's head. :) There are too many to choose just one. :)

5. Would you rather have Diana's raven black hair or Anne's carrot red hair?
It doesn't bother me what colour hair I have as much as it does Anne, but if I choose I probably would go with black hair as it's more similar in colour to my own natural hair colour and would therefore suit me better . :)



6. What do you think of Gilbert?
 I must say that though he does have plenty of his own faults, he is an admirable hero for the way he continues to be a friend to Anne despite how unforgiving she is towards him. A gentleman with a sense of humour, he ends up being the perfect friend for Anne, despite their rocky start. ;)
7. What are your thoughts on puffed sleeves?
 Hehe, unfortunately I will never be able to agree with Anne on this one! The only word that comes to mind to describe my opinion on them is that they are ridiculous (said in Marilla's disapproving voice)! ;) A little cute sleeve on a dress is good, but puffed sleeves (especially the flamboyant kind that Anne likes) are just too much.


8. Have you ever been to Canada?
Nope! Can't say I've ever been desperate to go there either (although I would love to see Prince Edward Island!)

  

10. Favourite word Anne uses in the book/movie?
Hmm...that's a hard one. Probably the words "kindred spirits": what a good way to describe best friends! :)



Of course, I nominate my own "kindred spirits", Daisy, Hyacinth and Lily! I'd love to hear your answers to these questions! :)

No comments: