Monday, 13 April 2015

Hello Blogging World - I'm Back!!

Dear Violets and Daisies,

Well, it's only just under a year since last I blogged, but now I'm back! And hopefully, this time, I'll actually do some posting haha! :P
Before I get into writing proper posts, I better give y'all an update on what I'm doing these days - a year is a long time!

Last year, I took a gap year, after finishing my schooling. I worked as a swim instructor at our local pool for the first half of the year, until we discovered I was getting really sick from the chlorine (oops!). I also worked as a singing teacher, which I am still doing, and although I hated it at first, I now love it! Such a perfect job for me.

In November/December, I headed over to South Africa with my dad to visit his family. We also went to Singapore (briefly), Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe and to Botswana. I saw so many incredible sights, beautiful animals, and met lots of lovely family members. I'll try write a post (or a few) about some of that and what I learnt on that journey at some point. But in the mean time, have a few photos!
Victoria Falls! 
Scariest moment of my life!!
Cheetah!
Over the summer, I was super blessed to be able to attend the New Zealand Singing School - an auditioned school with incredible tutors from all around the world. It was definitely one of the best experiences of my life for sure, I learnt so much and had some serious growth as a person through what the Lord taught me there. I'll definitely do a post on some of that at some point! :)
Singing in the massed opera chorus!
I'm still singing with my trio Cantabile Trio - we put on our own concert in November last year, and have done quite a bit of performing at concerts for a local radio station. I love it! 

This year, I've joined Violet at university and am studying a Bachelor of Communication majoring in Media Studies and Expressive Arts (doesn't that sound silly?!). I'm really enjoying it, although I sure am busy!! 

I'm also directing another production for Family Friendly Productions, which will take to the stage in May this year - eeee! So exciting! Check out the beautiful poster Violet designed!! If you live in our area, you should totally come along, it'll be a great show! It's nice to work on it with both Violet, Sakura and Hyacinth - Lily helped out in the early stages too! :)
And finally, my most exciting news... 
Some of you may remember the show Violet and I wrote - A Royal Feast: The Flavour of Christmas - which Family Friendly Productions put on at the end of 2012. Well, we had some difficulty finding someone to play the vital role of The Prince, without whom the Christian message of the show would have been missed. 2 weeks before we opened, the Lord provided the prince we had been praying for. Little did I know, he would soon become my prince too. Last August, my prince asked me to marry him and I said.... 
YES!! 
So, my favourite item of news is that I'm GETTING MARRIED at the end of this year! Wow! Crazy huh?! So exciting! And I'm so glad I get to have Violet, Hyacinth and Lily all standing up there beside me.

So yes, as you can see, a lot has changed in my life since last I blogged! And I can't wait to share some of the things I've learnt in more detail. The Lord has been working and gently moving my heart, as only He can, and I'm a very different person now that I was previously. 
Thank You Father! 
So grateful!
Well, that's it from me for now, but I'll be back soon, I promise! :)
Lots of love, 

1 comment:

Ella said...

Hi Daisy!
I'm so glad your back to blogging.
Wow! Your life has changed a lot. Congratulations on your engagement!!!!


P.S. I don't use my blog Of Prose and Daydreams anymore. I have a new blog at abookinthehand25.blogspot.com where I review books. Feel free to stop by a leave a comment:)